Ads

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

VG Siddhartha missing: Fisherman says he saw someone jumping off the bridge

Missing
The police also received a call from the Siddhartha’s driver Basavaraj Patil that he had gone missing from the Netravathi river bridge.
It was a tip-off from a local fisherman, that helped narrow down the search for missing Coffee Day founder VG Siddhartha Hegde. On Monday night, at around 8 pm, the Kanakanady Police allegedly received a tip-off from a local fisherman that he had seen someone fall of the bridge over Netravathi River. Soon after, the police also received a call from the Siddhartha’s driver Basavaraj Patil that he had gone missing from the Netravathi river bridge. It was these two reports that led the police to believe that Siddhartha may have fallen or jumped off the bridge. The fisherman, Symond D’Souza told the media that he tried to help the man who fell, but couldn’t due to heavy rain. “I am here at Ullala. My house is near the railway bridge. At around 5:30 pm (on Monday), I took my fishing net and was returning home. On my way back, I saw a man jumping off the bridge. I don’t know who this man was. I was rushing towards him. But he had reached the deep waters by then,” Symond says. Symond took his boat out to help the man, who allegedly fell into the water but he couldn’t manage by himself. “Soon, we had some boats here. But, I think he had reached the bottom of the waterbed. I am 65 years old and all my life I have been fishing. I have a small boat. We looked for him but we couldn’t find him,” Symond added. Based on this information, the search operations have intensified around pillar number 8 on the bridge, where the man is suspected to have fallen. V G Siddhartha went missing on Monday. He got out of his car near a bridge across the Nethravathi river in Mangaluru on Monday evening. His driver panicked when he did not return in an hour, and called his son. The son found that Siddhartha’s mobile was switched off.  The Dakshina Kannada police have been searching for Siddhartha since last night. A dog squad found the tracks had stopped in the middle of the bridge. More than 150 rescue personnel including police, divers and fire and rescue operations are involved in the operations on Nethravathi river.
Body 2: 


from Karnataka https://ift.tt/316kU4x
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment